May 25, 2018
The law surrounding domestic violence in North Carolina is
deceptively complex. In this episode, North
Carolina Attorney Bill Powers
answers the questions that
matter to you when you when you or a loved one is involved in a
domestic violence matter, including:
- What constitutes domestic violence?
- What is the difference between 50B and 50C restraining
- What happens if I have criminal charges and a civil protective
- How a past or present relationship between the victim and the
accused can impact a case.
- Can a domestic violence charge affect my divorce case?
- Does a domestic violence charge affect a claim for
Ready to discuss your matter now? Call 704-342-HELP for your
free and totally confidential consultation. That’s
Is there a topic you would like to hear discussed on Law
Talk? You can send us a message HERE.
The 2017 North Carolina Super Lawyers
Magazine includes Bill Powers on the:
- “TOP 100" North Carolina Super Lawyers List
- "TOP 25" in Charlotte Super Lawyers List
- 11 YEARS Selected to Super Lawyers
Law Talk with Bill Powers is an educational resource only. The
information presented on this podcast does not constitute legal
advice and is not a substitute for consulting with an attorney.
Every situation is unique; therefore, you should
always consult with a licensed attorney before making any
For more information on criterion for inclusion and membership
information to North Carolina Super Lawyers Magazine, go